* * emails/Facebook messages will not be answered from 19th March 2019 until 8th April due to staff holiday…if you wish to make an appointment please call the salon directly and someone will be able to help.
We will be closed on the following days…
Wednesday 20th March, Wednesday 27th March , Saturday 6th April
Special Offers for
March & April
10% off waxing when having two or more treatments together
Prepare yourself for spring with our amazing Peaches Body Pamper…full body sea salt scrub followed by a full body massage and then finished with a hydrating facial all for £60
Stress relief back, neck and shoulders massage with an express dermalogica facial…both for £45
Full set of eyelash extensions just £45
so what is dermapen??
Dermapen® is a medically approved electronic micro needling device that is used to rejuvenate the skin and improve the skin surface by reducing fine lines, expression lines, wrinkles, enlarged pores, and acne scars. The concept of Micro Needling is based on the skin's natural ability to repair itself whenever it encounters physical injury such as cuts, burns and other abrasions. As the Micro Needling device moves across the skin, it makes pinpoint punctures to create very minor micro-"injuries." In response to the perceived "injury," a cascade of growth factors are released, which in turn triggers new collagen synthesis. This process has two major benefits - it effectively stimulates collagen formation and provides a clear channel for topical serums to be absorbed through the surface of the skin. Triggering the healing process with a series of treatments, the body will keep repairing the skin incrementally and cumulatively to offer a fabulous result. The result is smoother, firmer and younger looking skin. Once the desired result has been achieved, it is important to maintain collagen stimulation by returning for maintenance treatments.
What does Dermapen Treat?
• Lifts, tightens and rejuvenates skin.
• Reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
• Improves stretch marks.
• Reduces enlarged pores.
• Improves acne scars.
• Enhances deeper product penetration.
• Increase product efficiency.
• For all skin types including darker skins.
• Any part of the body can be treated.
• Minimum down time, faster healing.
Micro Needling is performed in a safe and precise manner with the use of a sterile, disposable tip that allows effective treatment to hard-to-reach places (e.g. around the eyes, nose, and lips). The basic Micro Needling treatment includes the application of healing gels and serums during the treatment. The entire treatment is normally completed within 30-60 minutes depending on the required treatment and the anatomical site. New healthy skin appears within 4 weeks after treatment and can last up to two years.
What will my skin be like afterwards?
Dermapen treatment allows for effortless needling with minimal downtime. The sensitivity and redness will diminish significantly within 24 hours. The appearance of petechiae or small blood blisters is common and perfectly normal around areas of thinner skin quality especially around the eye area which usually disappear within 3-4 days. This may be accompanied by a feeling of tightness and the appearance of slight flaking. A non-occlusive mineral make-up may be used to conceal any redness immediately after the treatment. Other common short-term side effects include itching, discomfort, pinpoint bleeding. Additionally, the skin may look and feel like it has a rough texture; these effects generally last 2-7 days as the treated skin flakes off and is replaced by new improved tissue.
• Use recommended daily skincare & SPF to relieve the symptoms of redness, inflammation, swelling, tightness or flakiness and protect from further sun damage.
• During recovery, the use of scrubs or active ingredients such as vitamin A or AHAs and perfumed products should be stopped for a minimum of 3-7 days.
• Avoid direct sun exposure for 2 weeks after a Dermapen treatment as the skin will be sensitive.
• Any redness may be easily concealed with a mineral make-up during recovery.
If you require any further information or for any questions please don't hesitate to contact Hayley on 01747 850123